Now a days sealing of properties by the respective Corporation at the instance of Monitoring Committee appointed by Supreme Court in case M.C.Mehta vs Union of India(1) is one of the biggest problem, particularly for the properties owners and Traders whose shops/premises have been sealed and those who are living in fears that there shops/businesses might be sealed. There is utter confusion what use is permitted in a particular property and what is not. Broadly we can divide commercial activities into following categories:
(2) the commercial which includes wholesale activities and retail shops
(3) offices both for the running of business and offices run by professionals like Chartered Accountant, Lawyer etc.,
(4) hotels and guest house,
(5) eateries/restaurant where food is cooked and provided
(4) other activities
(b) nursing homes
(c ) wellness center, spa, weight loss center, Ayurvedic Center, salons or of similar nature
(d) Fitness center which includes gym, yoga and meditation center or similar nature,
(e) school both pre-primary school and post-primary, colleges which lead to the award of degree or diploma
(f) tuition center/coaching center giving coaching for regular courses of school/colleges and for entrance examination for courses like for medical, engineering, LLB., Chartered Accountant and for coaching of various examination conducted by the various government, PSU for its services like civil services, SSC, railway etc.,
(g) The vocational training center, teacher training center for courses approved
(h) hostel/ paying guest
INDUSTRIAL ACTIVITIES :
Chapter 7 of MPD-2021 deals with industries. Only those industrial activities which are not in prohibited/ negative list of industries ( for the prohibited list see Annexure (7.0(11) as modified by s.o.3173(E).dt.12.12.2014 w.e.f from 12.12.14).The list is reproduced as below:
- Arc/induction furnace
- Animal & fish oils
- Acid Slurry
- Acetylides, pyridines, iodoform, chloroform, E-naphthol, etc.
- Ammonium sulphoajanide, arsenic, and its compounds, barium carbonate, barium cyanide, barium ethyl sulfate, barium acetate cinnabar, copper, sulphocyanide, ferrocyanide, hydrocyanide, hydrocyanic acid, potassium, violate, potassium, cyanide, prussiate of potash, physically acid, silver, cyanide.
- Aircraft building.
- Abattoirs, animal blood processing (except existing and relocation).
- Bitumen blowing (hot)
- Brick kiln (using fresh earth as raw material, coal as fuel)
- Bakelite powder (starting from formaldehyde)
- Barely malt and extract
- Bone-grist, bone-meal, salting of bones, storages of bones in open, bone drying
- Bone charcoal manufacturing
- Blast furnaces – coal-fired
- Bicycles (integrated plant)
- Brewery and potable spirits
- Chlorinated paraffin wax purification
- Carbon black
- Cement industry
- Calcium carbide, phosphorous, aluminum dust paste, and powder, copper, zinc, etc. (electrothermal industries)
- Cranes, hoists, and lifts (excluding assembly)
- General industrial machinery (such as hydraulic equipment, drilling equipment, boilers, etc.)
- DOP (Dioctyl Phthalate), DBP & Plasticizer
- Dry cell battery
- Dye & dye intermediates
- Distillation of wood, chemical seasoning of wood (excluding natural seasoning)
- Explosives, i.e., Fireworks, Gunpowder, Guncotton, etc.
- Earthmoving machinery/equipment (manufacturing of assembly)
- Electric wires and cables (more than 100 workers, 2000 sqm plot)
- Fatty acids
- Fungicides & pesticides
- Flexographic Ink
- Fuel oils, illuminating oils and other oils such as synthetic oil, shoal oil, lubricants
- Foundries (except Pit Furnace)
- Gas compressors
- Graphite production
- Glass furnace (more than 1 ton/day capacity)
- Gases-carbon-disulphide, ultramarine blue, chlorine, hydrogen, sulfur dioxide, acetylene, etc. (other than LPG / CNG / Oxygen / medical gases)
- Glandular / glands extraction
- Glue and gelatine from bones and flesh
- Hot mix plant (except those approved by DPCC / CPCB)
- Hazardous waste processing viz. hospital/medical/industrial waste
- Polyurethane foam
- Industrial gelatine, nitroglycerine and fulminate
- Iron/steel metal forging (using a pneumatic hammer).
- Industrial gelatine, nitroglycerine and fulminate
- Industrial trucks, trailers, etc.
- Linear alkyd benzene
- Lead manufacturing including secondary lead industry (recovery of lead from waste scrap)
- Leather tanning and dyeing (raw hides/skins to semi-finish)
- Locomotives and wagons
- Methylated spirit
- Mechanical stone crushers & washing of coarse sand
- Manufacturing of pulp & paper
- Melamine resin
- Mineral salts (which involve the use of acids: CuSO4, FESO4, alum, etc.)
- Manufacturing of diesel engines, generators except for assembly
- Motorcycles, scooters, cars, tempos, trucks, etc.
- Newsprint manufacturing, pulping, fresh papermaking
- Nitrogenous and phosphatic fertilizers, except mixing of fertilizers for compounding (large scale)
- An organic solvent, chlorinated minerals, methanol, aldehydes, methylated spirits
- Petroleum coke processing, not as fuel
- Potteries/refractories (using coal or furnace oil)
- Polyethylene polymers including resins
- Paint industry (nitro Cellulose & Alkyd resin based)
- Plasticisers manufacturing
- Phenol formaldehyde resin and powder
- Porcelain product potteries (using coal production capacity more than 2 tonnes per day)
- Rubber solution and thinner (using naphtha and rubber scrap)
- Roasting of Ore Sulphide Oxides of mixtures
- Rayon fiber manufacturing
- Reclamation of rubber.
- Production of tires and tubes (vulcanization)
- Secondary Zine industry
- Synthetic rubber
- Sewing machines (integrated units) except assembly
- Sluice gates and gears
- Stainless Steel Pickling
- Steam engines
- Steel pipes and tubes (continuous welded/seamless)
- Sugar, khand sari
- Sodium silicate industry (more than 1 tonne/day)
- Stone quarrying
- Textile (more than 100 workers in all shifts, I acre of land, 100 LKD of water) 95. Thorium, radium and similar isotopes and recovery of rare earth
- Urea & Phenyl Formaldehyde resin
- Vegetable oil hydro generated 99. Waste (crude / burnt) oil processing (refinery)
There is two kinds of an industrial area Planned industrial area and non planned industrial area.
Planned Industrial Area
Plan industrial area means which are developed by any govt authorities like DDA/DSIIDC etc., as plotted industrial area or as flatted factories (multistories flats)
All industrial activities indicated in the land use plan (other than in prohibited list and of nonpolluting and nonhazardous nature ) are permitted from the areas which are in the planned plotted industrial area. ( see 7.6.1 and table 7.1 ).
All industries (other than in prohibited list and of nonpolluting and nonhazardous nature, producing noise/water/ vibration and or odor pollution ) are permitted from the flatted factories areas ( see 7.6.1 and table 7.1 ). The list of planned industrial areas are as under:
(i)Naraina Indl. Area,
Jhandewallan Flatted Factory,
Motia Khan Scheme,
DCM Flatted Factory Complex,
Shahzada Bagh Indl. Area,
Gulabi Bagh Indl. Area,
Rajasthan Udyog Nagar
G.T. Road near Jahangirpuri,
SMA Co-op. Indl. Estate G.T. Road near Jahangirpuri,
SISI Indl. Area G.T. road near Jahangirpuri,
G.T. Karnal Road Indl. Area near Rana Pratap Bagh,
Hindustan Prefab Ltd., Indl. Area near Shivaji Rly Stn. (Minto Road),
Okhla Indl. Area Ph.I, II & III,
Mohan Co-op Indl. Area,
SISI Complex Okhla near Modi Flour Mills,
Najafgarh Road Indl. Area near Zakhira,
Kirti Nagar Indl. Area, Mayapuri Ph. I & II,
Udyog Nagar Rohtak Road,
Keshav Pur Leather Tannery Scheme (part of Service Centre) near Vikaspuri,
Wazirpur Industrial Area,
Lawrence Road Indl. Area,
Mangolpuri Indl. Area Ph.I & II,
Jhilmil Indl. Area, Patparganj Indl. Area,
Friends Colony Indl. Area,
Narela Indl. Estate,
Bawana Indl. Estate,
Khanjhawala Indl. Estate,
PVC Bazar Tikri Kalan.
Further, the approved Work-cum-Industries Centres, Service Centres etc., where development has been undertaken in accordance with the land use / earlier Master Plans, shall continue to be industrial subject to conformity with provisions stipulated.
Industry can continue in Industrial area existing prior to 1962 MPD-1962
Industry can continue in areas where industrial activities were allowed in MPD1962 to the extent as permissible in the MPD1962 subject to the condition :
(a) on furnishing documentary proof
(b) standard prescribed in 7.2 i.e
(i) it should not be in the prohibitory list
(ii)standard prescribed by the pollution control committee would have to be met
Unplanned Industrial Area
The unplanned industrial area is that area which was notified by Govt. of Delhi non confirming cluster of industrial concentration having more than 70% of the plots the cluster for industrial activities for redevelopment. (see7.6.2). The names of areas are as follows:
- Anand Parbat
- Samai Pur Badli
- Jawahar Nagar
- Sultanpur Mazra
- Hastsal Pocket – A
- Naresh Park Extension.
- Peeragarhi Village
- Hastsal Pocket – D
- Shalamar Village
- New Mandoli
- Swarn Park Mundka
- Karawal Nagar
- Basai Darapur.
- Pahladpur Bangar,
- Mundka and Mundka Udyog Nagar
Norms for Redevelopment of clusters of Industrial Concentration in Non-Conforming Areas
Non-conforming clusters of an industrial concentration of minimum 4-hectare contiguous area, having more than 70% plots within the cluster under industrial activity/use may be considered for the redevelopment of an area identified on the basis of actual surveys.
After notification of such clusters by GNCTD, the redevelopment scheme will have to be prepared by the concerned local body/land owning agency in consultation with the Society (to be formed by the landowners) based on the following norms/conditions:
- i) The cluster should have the direct approach from a road of at least 18 m R/W.
- ii) Formation of Society shall be mandatory to facilitate preparation of redevelopment plan, pollution control, and environmental management, development of services and parking and maintenance.
iii) Only permissible industries having clearance from DPCC shall be permitted. iv) Amalgamation and reconstitution of plots shall be permissible for redevelopment.
- v) All the units shall have to obtain the statutory clearances. The industrial units shall have separate electric connections.
- vi) Other stipulations shall include
- a) Minimum 10% area is to be reserved for circulation/ roads/service lanes.
- b) Minimum 10% of a semi-permeable surface for parking and loading/unloading areas.
- c) Minimum 10% of the total area to be reserved for infrastructure requirements like CETP, Sub-Stations. Pump House, Fire Station, Police post, etc. as per the norms.
- d) Preparation of: – Plan for water supply from DJB / Central Ground Water Authority (wherever required) along with the requirement for pumping stations, storage tanks, groundwater recharging/rainwater harvesting. – Drainage plan as per norms.
- e) 8% of the cluster area shall be reserved for parks / green buffer.
- f) Plots measuring more than 100 sqm to have minimum 9.0 m.
- g) Plots measuring less than 100 sqm to have minimum 7.5 m. ROW.
- h) Common parking to be provided for plots below 60 sqm, whereas for plots above 60 sqm front set back (min. 3 m) shall be provided without boundary wall for parking and loading and unloading.
vii) Other provisions/development control norms shall be applicable as prescribed. Depending upon ground conditions, the Technical Committee of DDA may relax the norms up to 10%.
The redevelopment work may be undertaken by the societies voluntarily or by the concerned local body/agencies. In case the agencies take up the redevelopment work for execution, they shall collect the charges from the individual industries themselves directly. Requisite charges for change in land use enhanced FAR and land (wherever applicable) would be required to be paid to the concerned Authority. The redevelopment shall be completed within the period specified by the Delhi Development Authority, Local Bodies in this regard. Clusters, which fail to complete the redevelopment proposals within the period specified as above, shall have to shift to other conforming industrial areas and the units functioning in non-conforming clusters shall have to close down. In such cases, the licensing authority will not renew/issue the licenses to industrial units without obtaining land use clearance from the competent authority. Further, no new licenses will be issued in non-conforming areas, without obtaining land use clearance.
The following areas shall not be eligible for industrial clusters redevelopment scheme: Bungalow Zones (New Delhi & Civil Lines), the Ridge, River Bed (Zone-O), areas along water bodies, canals, sensitive areas from security point of view, conservation & heritage areas, reserved / protected forests, DDA flats, Cooperative Group Housing Societies, Government flats / bungalows / employer housing etc. and their immediate proximity.
Development control norms in industrial areas:
i) 50 sqm and below: Ground coverage 100%, FAR 200, height 8mt, In case of plots up to 60 sqm. common parking shall be provided
ii) 51sqm to 400 sq.mt. Ground coverage 60%, FAR 180, height 15mt, parking standard ECS/100sqmt of the area- 2
iii)400 sq.mt. and above: Ground coverage 50%, FAR 150, height 15mt, parking standard ECS/100sqmt of the area- 2
Activities permitted: : retail sales outlet and administrative office to having up to maximum 10% of floor area on ground floor only; residential flat up to the maximum extent of 5% of the floor space or 50 sqm.whichever is less for watch & ward and supervision, incidental storage [–] related to the industrial activity,
commercial activity as per footnote (vi) of 7.8 of MPD.
Flatted group Industry :
minimum plot size-400sq.mt, Ground coverage 30%, FAR 150, height 26mt, parking standard ECS/100sqmt of the area- 2
Activities permitted: administrative office, watch and ward up to maximum 5% of floor area or 20sq.mt whichever is less, storage related to the manufacturing activity
commercial activity as per footnote (vi) of table 7.3 of MPD.
There are following requirement for conversion of industrial plot for commercial use
(a)Industrial units/plots abutting roads of 24m ROW and above shall be eligible for conversion to commercial use,
(b) the existing development control norms of an industrial plot will be applicable
( c ) Conversion to commercial use is subject to payment of conversion charges as prescribed by the Government from time to time, and cost of parking as-as decided by Government from the time to time.
(d) The activities permissible in local shopping centers will be permitted in such plots.
(e ) multilevel parking shall be permissible activity.
(i) Conversion of industrial plot for commercial is not permitted on non-conforming / regularized industrial cluster.
(ii) The above provision shall not affect the Supreme Court orders in any way.]
The other condition including note (vi) for use of plot in industrial area are provided in note of table 7.3 as follows:
- i) In case of plots up to 60 sqm. common parking shall be provided.
- ii) In case of plots of size 500 sqm and above, the utilities such as E.S.S., underground water storage tank, rooftop water harvesting system, separate dry and wet dustbins, solar heating/lighting system etc. shall be provided within the plot.
iii) Identified Service Centres shall be planned as per plotted industrial area norms.
- iv) Development of IT hardware and software permissible under industrial use.
[v) Banquet hall shall be permissible in Industrial premises subject to specifications / regulations as may be prescribed, along with conversion charges as prescribed by the Government from time to time.]
[vi) Industrial units/plots abutting roads of 24m ROW and above shall be eligible for conversion to commercial use within the existing development control norms, subject to payment of conversion charges as prescribed by the Government from time to time, and cost of parking as-as decided by Government from the time to time. The activities permissible in local shopping centres will be permitted in such plots. In addition, multilevel parking shall be permissible activity. However, this shall not be permitted on non-conforming / regularized industrial cluster. The above provision shall not affect the Supreme Court orders in any way.]
(vii) Industrial plots abutting roads of 24 m ROW and above shall be eligible for conversion to Hospitals (up to 100 beds) within the existing development control norms, subject to the conditions (a) the number of beds to be accommodated on a plot shall be worked out [ @ 80 sqm.] of gross floor area per bed and (b) payment of conversion charges as prescribed by the Government from time to time. The activities permissible in Hospital (Table 13.20) shall be permitted in such plots. However, this shall not be permitted on non-conforming/regularized industrial cluster. The above provision shall not affect the Supreme Court orders in any manner.
(viii) In the redevelopment of industrial plots, 1.5 times of permissible FAR has already been notified in Notification S.O. 683 (E), dated 01.04.2011 regarding Regulations and Guidelines for Existing Planned Industrial Area, therefore, the incentive of 1.5 times of permissible FAR shall be allowed on all permissible uses on industrial plot.
(ix) Banquet Hall, Restaurant, Recreational Club, Hotel & Old age home, Community and Recreational hall, Nursing Home & Health Centre are permitted as part of modification in layout plan of industrial area where also enhanced FAR 1.5 times of permissible FAR of respective Use shall be allowed.
(x) As per the Notification S.O. 683 (E), dated 01.04.2011, minimum plot size eligible for redevelopment is given 1000 sqm. whereas some of the plots are less than 50-100 sq.mts. from area limit of 1000 sq.mts. In such redevelopment relaxation in an area, up to 5% in the lower limit of plot size shall be permitted.
(xi) The development control room i.e. Ground Coverage, FAR etc. of respective use premises while allowing redevelopment/ reconstruction on the individual Industrial plots shall be adhered to and there shall be no height restriction. The height shall be as per requirement of AAI/Fire Department. In case of addition, alteration or change of users within the permissible category in existing building to achieve permissible FAR, already sanctioned ground coverage shall continue, if parking requirement or sufficient open space around the building is made available.
(xii) In existing Industrial Units/plots with an area of 3000 sq.mtrs. or above abutting road of 24 mtr. ROW and above shall be eligible for Residential use (Group Housing) within development control norms of group housing along with incentive 1.5 times FAR of permissible FAR of Group Housing subject to payment of Conversion charges as prescribed by the Government from time to time for respective use. Required Commercial preferably and PSP activity for residential population, and working space up to 15% of permissible FAR shall also be allowed. Sub-division of larger industrial plot or amalgamation of smaller Industrial plots will be allowed in existing areas as well as approved schemes/layouts/building plans on these Industrial Plots. Rainwater harvesting preferably with rainwater storage for re-use & STP, Dual piping system use of solar electricity shall be provided to minimize the additional burden on infrastructure services. This provision shall not affect any Court Orders.
Industry from Commercial center
Some industry is also permitted from the commercial center (see Annexure 11(7.0(11) modified by s.o.3173(E).dt.12.12.2014 w.e.f from 12.12.14 ) which are as follows:
GROUP – B
- Air Conditioner Parts.
- Aluminium doors / windows / fittings / furniture.
- Assembly and repair of Cycles.
- Auto Parts.
- Belts and Buckles.
- Bulbs (battery).
- Cloth Dyeing.
- Cotton Ginning.
- Cycle Chain / Locks.
- Diamond Cutting and Polishing work.
- Electric fittings (switch, plug pin etc.)
- Elastic products.
- Engineering works.
- Foundry (small job works as per prescribed limits of Industries Department / DPCC).
- Ice-cream and water cooling by Refrigeration (without cold storage)
- Ice boxes and cooler bodies.
- Iron grills and door making.
- Jute products.
- Key Rings.
- Marble stone items.
- Metal lathe cutting.
- Motor winding works.
- Printing Press.
- Screws and nails.
- Scissors making.
- Spectacles and Optical frames.
- Steel Furniture / Almirah.
- Steel lockers
- Steel Springs.
- Surgical instruments and equipment.
- Table lamps and shades.
- Tin box making.
- Transformer covers.
- TV, Radio, Cassette recorders etc.
- TV / Radio / Transistor cabinets.
- Typewriter parts manufacturing and assembly.
- Water meter repairing.
- Water tanks.
- Welding works.
- Wire Knitting.
- Wooden furniture works.
- Information Technology Enabled Services.
Household industries are permitted in the residential plotted area except for the areas which are which are categorized as “no industrial activity zone” (see 7.5). These areas are as follows:
(a) Lutyens Bungalow Zone,
(b) Civil Line Bungalow Zone
(c ) Employer housing
(d) Group housing (except Janta Flats)
List of Household industries which could be carried out from the residential plotted area (see Annexure (7.0(1) modified by s.o.3173(E).dt.12.12.2014 w.e.f from 12.12.14 ) are as follows:
GROUP – A HOUSEHOLD INDUSTRIES
- Agarbatti and similar products
- Aluminum hanger (excluding wire drawing and anodizing).
- Ayurvedic / Homoeopathic / Unani medicines.
- Assembly and repair of electronic goods.
- Assembly and repair of sewing machines.
- Assembly of hand tools.
- Assembly of Badminton Shuttlecocks.
- Assembly and repair of electrical gadgets, cooler/heater etc.
- Assembly and repair of a typewriter (excluding Font Casting).
- Assembly of Bakelite Switches.
- Assembly and repair of measuring instruments (excluding handling of Mercury and hazardous materials).
- Atta Chakkies.
- Batik works.
- Block making and photo enlarging.
- Biscuit, pepper, cakes, and cookies making.
- Button making, fixing of button and hooks.
- Brushes and brooms (by hand).
- Calico and Textile products.
- Cane and bamboo products.
- Cassettes recording.
- Clay and modeling with/without Plaster of Paris.
- Coir and jute products.
- Cardboard boxes.
- Copper and brass art wares.
- Cordage, rope, and winemaking.
- Contact Lens.
- Canvas bags and hold-alls making.
- Candies, sweets, rasmalai etc. (when not canned).
- Cotton/silk printing (by hand).
- Computer repairing and cyber information Centre.
- Computer Software.
- Dari and carpet weaving.
- Detergent (without Bhatti).
- Data processing.
- Dairy products e.g. Cream, ghee, paneer, etc.
- Dry Cleaning (excluding big workshops).
- Desk Top Publishing.
- Enameling Vitreous (without the use of coal).
- The framing of pictures and mirrors.
- Fountain pens, ball pens, and felt pens.
- Gold and Silver thread, kalabattu.
- Hosiery products (without dying and bleaching).
- Hats, caps, turbans including embroideries.
- Information Technology enabled services
- Ink making for fountain pens.
- Interlocking and buttoning.
- Jewelry items.
- Khadi and handloom.
- Khus tatties.
- Knitting works.
- Lace products.
- Leather footwear.
- Leather belts and assembly of buckles (by hand)
- Leather and rexine made-ups.
- Milk Cream Separation.
- Manufacture of Jute products.
- Manufacture of Bindi.
- Nameplate making.
- Production of following items.
(i) Blanco cakes
(iii) Kulfi and confectionery.
(v) Jam, jellies and fruit preserves.
(vi) Musical instruments (including repairs).
(vii) Lacework and like.
(viii) Ornamental leather goods like purses, handbags.
(ix) Small electronic components.
- Paper stationery items and bookbinding.
- Pith hat, garlands of flowers and pitch.
- P.V.C. products (maximum one molding machine).
- Paper machine.
- Perfumery and cosmetics
- Photostat and cyclostyling.
- Photocopying of drawings including enlargement of drawings.
- The packaging of Shampoos.
- The packaging of Hair Oil.
- Preparation of Vadi, Papad etc.
- Processing of condiments, spices, groundnuts, and dal etc.
- Pan masala.
- Production of Sweets and Namkeens (less than one ton/day)
- Paper Mache
- Paper cup. Plates, files cover and letter pads (without printing).
- Photography (developing and printing).
- Repair of watches and clocks.
- Rakhee making
- Repair of domestic electrical appliances.
- Readymade garments (without washing).
- Repair of bicycles.
- Repair and assembly of computer hardware.
- Repair of bags, briefcases, suitcases, except the use of leather and PVC
- Repairing of Water meters, stabilizer, UPS, etc.
- Rubber Stamps.
- Stone engraving.
- Sports goods/Sports Nets.
- Surgical bandage rolling and cutting.
- Stovepipe, safety pins and aluminum buttons (by hand press).
- Silver foil making.
- Saree fall making.
- Stamp pads.
- Screen Printing.
- Thread balls and cotton fillings.
- Toys and dolls.
- Tomato Ketchup.
- Umbrella assembly.
- Utensil washing powder (only mixing and packaging).
- Velvet embroidered shoes/shawls.
- Vermicelli and macaroni.
- Wood carving and decorative wood wares.
- Wool balling and lachee making.
- Wooden/cardboard jewelry boxes (subject to no objection certificate
from the department).
- Wool knitting (with a machine).
- Zari Zardozi.
Besides above activities in village Abadi are certain additional industrial activities can be carried out. Which are as ( Annexure (7.0(1)) modified by s.o.3173(E).dt.12.12.2014 w.e.f from 12.12.14 ) follows:
GROUP A – 1
- Cane and bamboo products.
- Clay and modeling with/without Plaster of Paris.
- Dari / Carpet / Sari weaving (except dying & bleaching).
- Ice cream and water-cooling by Refrigeration. (without cold storage)
- Stone engraving.
- Village pottery Industry (without Bhatti).
- Village oil Ghani.
- Wood carving and decorative wood wares.
There are certain conditions for carryout these activities from residential areas i.e. none of the industries mentioned in Group A and A-1 shall carry out the following processes: i) Anodising ii) Bleaching iii) Burning of coal iv) Canning Facility v) Dyeing vi) Electroplating vii) Moulding works viii) Use of CFC gases ix) Varnishing x) Washing Notes:
- i) Storing of chemicals listed under schedule I and/ or II of the Manufacture, Storage, and import of Hazardous Chemical Rules, 1989 and Public Liability Insurance Act, 1990 shall be prohibited.
- ii) No effluent/emissions shall be allowed to be generated by the units and these shall adhere to the noise standards as stipulated by Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India.
The condition for running household industries are given are as follows (see para 7.4):
- i) Household industrial units with maximum 5 workers and 5-kilowatt power may be allowed to continue in residential areas and new industrial units of this type could be permitted in residential areas subject to the condition that no polluting industrial unit shall be permitted as a household industry.
- ii) The industrial units could be permitted only after provisional registration by the Govt. of NCTD.
iii) Household industrial units shall be allowed on any floor to the extent of 50% of permissible floor area of the dwelling unit.
- iv) Further additions/alterations to the list of Household Industries could be made if considered appropriate and in public interest by the Central Government to do so.
- v) No inflammable or hazardous substance is permitted to be stored.
- vi) Separate industrial electric connection (single phase) and Municipal License, would be necessary to set up a household industry.
- The Household industries are permitted in the residential plotted area on any floor to the extent of 50% of the floor area subject to the condition maximum five workers and 5 Kilowatts (Para 7.4 of MPD-2021).
Residential activity from industrial Plots
As per note (xii) of table 7.3 of MPD-2021 2021 in existing Industrial Units/plots residential use i.e group housing is permitted subject to the condition:
(a) minimum area 3000 sq.mtrs.
(b) the plot is the abutting road of 24 mtr. ROW and above
(c ) development control norms of group housing along with incentive 1.5 times FAR of permissible FAR of Group Housing
(d) the permission for group housing is subject to payment of Conversion charges as prescribed by the Government from time to time for respective use. (e) Required Commercial preferably and PSP activity for residential population, and working space up to 15% of permissible FAR shall also be allowed.
(e) Sub-division of larger industrial plot or amalgamation of smaller Industrial plots will be allowed in existing areas as well as approved schemes/layouts/building plans on these Industrial Plots.
(f) it shall be necessary to provide Rainwater harvesting preferably with rainwater storage for re-use & STP,
(g) It shall be necessary to provide dual piping system use of solar electricity
(h) The above provision shall not affect any Court Orders.
The punishment for violation:
The industry which are running from residential area or commercial area or in violation of provision of chapter 7 of MPD-2021 are liable to sealed for violation of direction issued by Supreme Court in MC Mehta vs Union of India Writ Petition (C) 4677/1985 by respected corporation or DDA as per the provision of Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, 1957/ New Delhi Municipal Act,1959 or DDA Act
The appeal against sealing action lies before Appellate Tribunal MCD if sealing action is taken by the official of Corporation, DDA or NDMC at the instruction of monitoring committee if sealing is done prior to 31.10.2013 or before monitoring committee
The appeal against sealing action lies before monitoring committee if sealing action is taken by the official of Corporation, DDA or NDMC at the instruction of monitoring committee After 15.12.2017